ION Clairety technology is based upon the principles of electrophysics involving ionic binding/capture. The strength of the ionic attraction forces operate over significant distances. This allows for the use of relatively sheer open-weave fabrics that provide highly efficient filtration while allowing for greater breathability and comfort than non-woven, melt blown fibers as are used in used in conventional face masks.
Simple laundering regenerates our reusable ion fabrics by removing microbes, industrial and environmental dust, pollen and mold.
Find out more by reading our peer-reviewed scientific article about our patent-pending products.
Fit is Critical to Filtration
ION Wrap/ION Gaiter
Snug, breathable, comfortable, 360° fit > 95% filtration
Gaps around nose & face = 40% filteration
Technical Performance Data
ION Clairety has developed a repertoire of analytical methods that are more rigorous, relevant, and comprehensive than those used to test conventional masks. For comparison of our technology to other commercially available devices, click on the data links below.
- Filtration of Microbes
- Breathability & Filtration Efficiency Compared to Conventional Masks
- Limitation of Fit for Conventional Barrier Face Coverings
- Exfiltration - Minimize Shedding of Microbes
- Physiological Effects
- Industrial/Environmental Particulates
- Shedding of Particles from Masks
- Independent Lab Test Results: Bacterial Filtration
- Independent Lab Test Results: Particle Filtration
- Independent Lab Test Results: Breathability Diffferential Pressure
- Independent Lab Test Results: Flammability
- Independent Lab Test Results: Injection Sensitivity, Sensitivization & Toxicity
Well Designed Face Coverings Do Work!
Ease of fit, comfort and breathability result in increased compliance in occupational and industrial settings. Reduced inhalation of harmful airborne particles minimizes transmission of respiratory diseases without fogging of goggles and eyeglasses.
See the history of our technology.